Today’s meme is Top Ten Favorite Books of 2012.
What were some of your favorite picture books this year?
Here are 10 of mine.
1. Little Bird — A sweet and beautiful book that I have loved reading over and over again with my son.
2. Nighttime Ninja — A beautiful book that made me laugh and has taught my son how to be, “quiet like a ninja.”
3. The Insomniacs — Another beautiful, creative, and fun book about a family learning to do what works best for them.
4. Old Robert and the Sea-Silly Cats — A simple, beautiful, and rhythmic book that is enchanting and lovely.
5. Nursery Rhyme Comics — Funny, smart, and creative. This book puts new life into nursery rhymes and makes reading them to my son a joy.
6. The Amazing Hamweenie — A wonderful work of art, creativity, and humor. My son can now recite this book with its impressive vocabulary. I’m floored every time I hear him “read” it to me.
7. Cecil the Pet Glacier — A fun and whimsical book with beautifully done artwork and fantastic vocabulary. My two-year-old son now pretends that he’s working in his topiary garden. It’s wonderful and surprising.
8. Red Knit Cap Girl — This is such a beautiful book — both artwork wise and text. It’s a great book to read when you want to experience beauty.
9. Milo’s Hat Trick — This is a fun and sweet book that we read over and over again. It makes me smile every time we read it.
10. The Hero of Little Street — This is a wonderful wordless picture book to experience with my son. The artwork is beautiful and we get to create our own text. Just today my son and I pretended to play flutes and summon all the dogs. So much fun!
FTC Disclosures: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” If you click on the link and purchase the book, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”