Objects moving around the house or disappearing? Snacks stolen from the fridge? A smashed china vase? Georgia is one savvy sleuth! She can always explain random, odd things happening around her in a logical and rational way. Or maybe she’s so sure that there’s no such thing as ghosts that she can’t see what’s right in front of her!
Super-cute and friendly ghosts make mischief in this creative ghost story. Watch your little one have fun finding hidden ghosts on each page. Even those easily scared will find these little ghosts charming and delightful!
My four-year-old son declared that he loves this book so much that, “We need to read it every single day for forever and ever!” I’m more than happy to oblige him. No Such Thing is a favorite!
Ages 3 – 7. Flying Eye Books. November 2014. 32 pages. ISBN: 978-1909263482. Fiction.
Where to Get it:
- (Affiliate link): Amazon.com
- Or Flying Eye directly: http://www.flyingeyebooks.com/?feb_books=no-such-thing
You Should Read No Such Thing because:
- Awesome artwork. A great retro/vintage feel to it.
- SAT worthy vocabulary. (For ex. deduced, pilfered, culprit, scuttling, strewn, presumed, savvy, evidence, sleuth)
- Seek and Find! (My son is crazy about all things Seek and Find these days. He loves finding the ghosts!)
- Sweet, fun, and charming story.
- Easy and fun to memorize! My son loves memorizing books and this one is no exception.
- Accessible and inviting to new and emergent readers.
- Leads to lots of fun discussions about what’s real and what isn’t and how things aren’t always what they seem.
- Great for those who love ghosts without the scary elements.
- Timeless and ageless! It’ll be easy to enjoy this book for years and years by everyone in the family.
- Flying Eye Books: http://www.flyingeyebooks.com/?feb_books=no-such-thing
- Ella Bailey’s site: http://www.ellabailey.co.uk/ (Awesome artwork!)
- Her blog: http://elladraws.tumblr.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ellastration
More Reviews of this Book:
Where Obtained: I received a review copy from the publisher. (But this is the kind of book I’d adore anyway.) No other compensation was received. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
FTC Disclosures: Some of the links in the post above are Amazon affiliate links and others are IndieBound affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase something, I will receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Which goes to fund my family’s picture book habit. It’s a vicious cycle, but we manage. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”